Travel and Logistics Coordinator
MKI Artists is a leading artist management firm that represents internationally renowned classical musicians. We are seeking a capable and detail-oriented Travel and Logistics Coordinator to provide impeccable service to our clients and customers. This full-time position involves coordinating concert arrangements for musicians and ensembles with presenting organizations and orchestras around North America. It is an ideal position for someone excited about working behind the scenes to help some of the world’s best classical musicians.
- Coordinate artists’ domestic and/or international travel, accommodations, local transportation, rehearsal schedules, residency events, etc. for approximately 350 concerts each year throughout North America
- Prepare, distribute, and review detailed itineraries with artists and presenters
- Obtain work permits for international artists coming to perform in the United States
- Track travel expenses for reimbursement and/or client billing
- Be available as needed — occasionally after-hours and on weekends — to resolve travel emergencies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superb attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to multitask
- The ability to solve problems, stay focused, and remain calm under pressure while remaining upbeat and positive
- Excellent speaking, writing, and organizational skills
- The patience and charm to deal with customer service representatives on our clients’ behalf to find solutions and resolve challenging situations
- Experience and knowledge making travel arrangements, and an insight into life as a touring classical musician
- A high level of comfort using computers, technology, and aptitude to adapt to industry software
- 2-3 years experience in concert planning for music or cultural organizations
- Experience making travel arrangements and organizing schedule information
- Interest, knowledge, and passion for classical music
Salary commensurate with experience; generous vacation and holiday benefits; downtown parking.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.