Travel and Logistics Coordinator
MKI Artists is a leading artist management firm that represents and manages internationally renowned classical musicians. We are seeking a capable, experienced, and detail-oriented Travel and Logistics Coordinator to provide impeccable service to our exacting clients and customers. This full-time position involves coordinating tour arrangements for musicians and ensembles with presenting organizations and orchestras around North America. It is an ideal position for someone excited about working behind the scenes to help some of the world’s best classical musicians perform on the most important stages around North America.
– Coordinate artists’ domestic and international travel, accommodations, local transportation, rehearsal schedules, residency events, etc. for approximately 350 concerts each year throughout the United States and Canada
– Prepare, distribute, and review detailed itineraries with artists and presenters
– Help field and coordinate program/repertoire requests from artists and presenters
– Obtain work permits for international artists coming to perform in the United States
– Track travel expenses for reimbursement and client billing
– Be available as needed — occasionally after-hours and on weekends — to resolve travel and logistics emergencies
The ideal candidate will have:
– The ability to solve problems, stay focused, and remain calm under pressure
– Superb attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to juggle many things at once
– Excellent speaking, writing, and organizational skills
– The ability to negotiate advantageous arrangements with airlines, hotels, and other travel providers
– The patience and charm to deal with customer service representatives on our clients’ behalf to mitigate problems and resolve challenging situations, and, conversely, to deal with artists on the behalf of presenters
– Experience traveling and an insight into life as a touring musician
– A high level of comfort using computers and technology, and the aptitude to adapt to industry software
– 2-3 years experience in logistical planning for music, cultural, or nonprofit organizations
– Expertise in making travel arrangements in a way that maximizes convenience and comfort while limiting expense
– Interest in and knowledge of classical music
Salary commensurate with experience; generous vacation and holiday package; downtown parking.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.